|From||"Matheou, Georgios" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 30 Aug 2019 01:58:19 +0000|
The Computational Fluid Dynamics group at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position. The postdoctoral research associate will support the activities of a Climate Process Team (CPT) in the development and validation of a unified convection scheme in the Community Earth System Model (CESM). The successful candidate will investigate the physics of shallow and deep atmospheric convection using our group’s large-eddy simulation (LES) model. The candidate will work with Dr. Georgios Matheou in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and an interdisciplinary CPT team including faculty and researchers at the University of California Los Angles (UCLA), and the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).
· Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science, Physics, Engineering, or related fields
· Demonstrated experience in atmospheric physics and modeling
· Demonstrated experience in parallel/distributed computing
· Evidence of strong scholarship through published research in the field of atmospheric science or atmospheric modeling
· Excellent interpersonal, writing, and research skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Ability to work both independently and as a member of the research team
Experience with large-eddy simulation (LES) modeling and atmospheric processes models (e.g., radiation and microphysical parameterizations).
The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal up to 3 years subject to satisfactory performance and available funding.
Apply by October 6, 2019. Please email a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Dr. Matheou (email@example.com).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.